Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)

От merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
Тема Re: Humor me: Postgresql vs. MySql (esp. licensing)
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Shridhar> Yeah.. like inserting a biiig number in integer field in a transaction
Shridhar> without error and not getting it back after commit.. or accepting
Shridhar> '00-00-00 00:00:00' as a valid datetime stamp.. something like that..

Shridhar> How much deviation is that from ACID? 180 degrees...:-)

Unverified, but you can apparently try to store a huge number into a
short integer, and MySQL silently truncates to maxint.  No error.  No
warning.

No place for it in a real business environment. :(