Re: Feature request: make cluster_name GUC useful for psql prompts

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: Feature request: make cluster_name GUC useful for psql prompts
Дата
Re: Feature request: make cluster_name GUC useful for psql prompts  (Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> writes:

> That is almost identical to the solution I suggested a week or two ago to someone tackling the issue and the hack
workson initial connection.

> Connect to a different cluster with "\c", however, and it will leave the prompt showing you connected to the original
databasewhich is not good.

True and I've always thought of it as a possible misfeature of psql that
it scans .psqlrc only once.

--
Jerry Sievers
e: jerry.sievers@comcast.net