Re: Bad performance for a 3000 rows table updated

От fred-pg@jolliton.com (Frederic Jolliton)
Тема Re: Bad performance for a 3000 rows table updated
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg@aon.at> writes:
> Is this number stable or always increasing?  If the latter, how fast
> is it growing?

Just checked, I have actually 236. Runnnig a VACUUM FULL take less
than 1 second, and the value decreased to 174. But, waiting ~20
minutes, I now have 220. I think value stop progressing when reaching
~240. If I guess correctly, 236 is the maximum space that the table
used. Since the number of row rarely grow, and field length average
are almost constant, I expect this maximum value to stay also
constant.

--
Frédéric Jolliton