Locale and multibyte support in 7.1

От tolik@aaanet.ru (Anatoly K. Lasareff)
Тема Locale and multibyte support in 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

I download, configure and install postgresql-7.1beta1 _exactly_ the
same way as my previous version - 7.0.2:

./configure --enable-multibyte=KOI8 --enable-locale
gmake
gmake install

initdb

But it seems to me locale support gone out. In particulary

select upper('Русский текст - Russian text');

(first two words are russian in lowercase in KOI8 encoding) don't give
uppercase russian text - russian letters don't change. But when I do
the _same_ steps with 7.0.2 - all is OK. May anyone help me? I work
under FreeBSD 4.0.

--
Anatoly K. Lasareff                 Email:    tolik@aaanet.ru
http://tolikus.hq.aaanet.ru:8080    Phone:      (8632)-710071