Open Source Development Lab resources

От merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
Тема Open Source Development Lab resources
Дата
Список pgsql-general
FYI...

I recently attended a presentation by the director of the Open Source
Development Lab (www.osdl.org).  Apparently they have two things that
are useful to open-source database developers:

a) some ongoing work to make nice database test suites for benchmarking

b) lots of hardware available for *free* for testing

All you have to do is sign up.  I'm about five minutes from the site,
so if there's anything that needs to be done physically there, I'm
game.  But generally, it's all handled remote anyway.

Did I say they have lots of hardware?  Big disk arrays.  2-way, up to
32-way(!) processor setups.  Fast pipes to the net.

Did I say free?  As long as you're working on open source stuff, you
can take a number.

Neat.