Re: [HACKERS] postmaster failure with 2-23 snapshot

От Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postmaster failure with 2-23 snapshot
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:

> but after 'cvs update' yesterday (February 23rd), the postmaster is
> refusing to start, claiming that semget() failed to allocate a block
> of 16 semaphores.  The default maximum here is 60 semaphores, so I
> guess it must have allocated at least 44 of them before the failure.

Looking more closely into it, the postmaster is trying to allocate 64
semaphores in four groups of 16, so I built a new kernel with a higher
limit, and it's now OK.

This is as it should be, I hope?  It's not a case of something being
misconfigured now, using semaphores instead of some other facility?

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"