Re: Important speed difference between a query and a

От Frederic Jolliton
Тема Re: Important speed difference between a query and a
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> But it's not the same query, is it?  With "LIMIT $1" the planner can't
> know what the limit value is exactly, so it has to generate a plan that
> won't be too unreasonable for either a small or a large limit.

Ok. So the query is optimized once and not each time.. I understand
now.

But, since I "know" better that PostgreSQL that query must use index
in most of case, can I force in some manner the function when
declaring it to take this in account ? I suppose (not tested) that
setting enable_seqscan just before will probably do it, but what about
dump/restore of the database when recreating the function and keep
this "fix" automatically ?

Сообщение: Re: Important speed difference between a query and a
Сообщение: Re: Important speed difference between a query and a