Re: cleaning perl code

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: cleaning perl code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/14/20 4:44 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2020-Apr-14, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
>> One of the things that's a bit sad is that perlcritic doesn't generally
>> let you apply policies to a given set of files or files matching some
>> pattern. It would be nice, for instance, to be able to apply some
>> additional standards to strategic library files like PostgresNode.pm,
>> TestLib.pm and Catalog.pm. There are good reasons as suggested upthread
>> to apply higher standards to library files than to, say, a TAP test
>> script. The only easy way I can see to do that would be to have two
>> different perlcriticrc files and adjust pgperlcritic to make two runs.
>> If people think that's worth it I'll put a little work into it. If not,
>> I'll just leave things here.
> I think being more strict about it in strategic files (I'd say that's
> Catalog.pm plus src/test/perl/*.pm) might be a good idea.  Maybe give it
> a try and see what comes up.

OK, in fact those files are in reasonably good shape. I also took a pass
through the library files in src/tools/msvc, which had a few more issues.

Here's a patch that does the stricter testing for those library files,
and fixes them so we get a clean pass

This brings to an end my perl gardening project.

cheers

andrew

Вложения