Re: Beating Oracle

От Tom Ivar Helbekkmo
Тема Re: Beating Oracle
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Bruce Badger <bbadger@BadgerSE.com> writes:

> Due to network glitch, a PostgreSQL connection over IP is being dropped.
>
> In the same situation, Oracle can keep it's connections going.

I mentioned the SO_KEEPALIVE socket option in another email, but the
other possibility here is, of course, that the PostgreSQL connection
might be receiving an ICMP error message that Oracle isn't.  This
would be due to different handling of the two protocols in a firewall
or something -- and whether it happens or not would be something you
could find out using tcpdump.

-tih
--
Puritanism -- the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.