Re: What about improving the rules system we have, was Re: Rules going away

От Harald Fuchs
Тема Re: What about improving the rules system we have, was Re: Rules going away
Дата
Список pgsql-general
In article <4116.1317226367@sss.pgh.pa.us>,
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Not sure this specific proposal makes any sense at all.  IMO the only
> real advantage that rules have over triggers is that they work on a
> set-operation basis not a tuple-by-tuple basis.

Isn't that what statement-level triggers are for, at least in other DB
systems?  How about telling PostgreSQL's statement-level triggers
something about the set of rows they affect?