Re: Testing autovacuum wraparound (including failsafe)

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Testing autovacuum wraparound (including failsafe)
Дата
Re: Testing autovacuum wraparound (including failsafe)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 27 Apr 2023, at 16:06, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2023 at 12:02 PM John Naylor
> <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

>> ...that call to background_psql doesn't look like other ones that have "key => value". Is there something I'm
missing?

> Thanks for reporting. I think that the patch needs to be updated since
> commit 664d757531e1 changed background psql TAP functions. I've
> attached the updated patch.

Is there a risk that the background psql will time out on slow systems during
the consumption of 2B xid's?  Since you mainly want to hold it open for the
duration of testing you might want to bump it to avoid false negatives on slow
test systems.

--
Daniel Gustafsson