Re: SHMMAX and SHMALL question

От D M
Тема Re: SHMMAX and SHMALL question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you so much for the script.

~deepak

On Jan 22, 2011, at 10:18 AM, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> DM wrote:
>> RAM = 16GB, what value should i set for shmall?
>
> Given that PostgreSQL rarely sees increasing improvement as shared_buffers goes over 50% of RAM, I just use that
figurefor the shmall and then compute shmmax based on the page size to match it.  I use the attached script to do all
thehard work, haven't found a Linux system yet it didn't do the right thing on.  It sounds like you might have the math
onthe relation between the two backwards, look at the output and code of this once and that should sort things out for
you.

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Server stops responding in every week
От: Joe Conway
Сообщение: Re: Subquery for column names of tablefunc crosstab queries