Re: [GENERAL] Protocol 2 and query parameters support

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Protocol 2 and query parameters support
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Дерево обсуждения
[GENERAL] Protocol 2 and query parameters support  (Konstantin Izmailov, )
 Re: [GENERAL] Protocol 2 and query parameters support  (Adrian Klaver, )
  Re: [GENERAL] Protocol 2 and query parameters support  ("David G. Johnston", )
 Re: [GENERAL] Protocol 2 and query parameters support  (Andres Freund, )
  Re: [GENERAL] Protocol 2 and query parameters support  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: [GENERAL] Protocol 2 and query parameters support  (Tatsuo Ishii, )
    Re: [GENERAL] Protocol 2 and query parameters support  ("Rader, David", )
Andres Freund <> writes:
> On 2017-04-23 12:08:51 -0700, Konstantin Izmailov wrote:
>> Some systems (Presto) are still using protocol 2, and I need to understand
>> the scope of changes in the middleware to support protocol 2.

> Could you provide a reference about presto using v2 protocol?  A quick
> search didn't turn anything up.  Presto seems a bit too new to rely on
> v2, given how long ago v3 has been introduced.

There's been moderately serious discussion about dropping v2 support
altogether, so I sure hope there isn't anything in the wild that still
depends on it.

Also, moving from v2 to v3 per se just isn't very hard, if you aren't
worried about making use of new-in-v3 protocol features.  I wonder whether
Konstantin is confusing v2 vs v3 with use of simple vs. extended query
protocol within v3.