Re: Migration from SQL Server to PostgeSQL

От Thibaut Madelaine
Тема Re: Migration from SQL Server to PostgeSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Le 30/11/2020 à 06:11, Muthukumar.GK a écrit :
HiTeam,

We need to migrate tables,Records,Procedure and function from SQL server to Postgresql. Kindly let me know, Is there any  tool or easiest way  available to migrate from SQL Server to Postgresql. Please let me know if there are any limitations in postgresql compared to SQL server.

Regards
Muthu.

Hello Muthukumar,

We maintain a tool to migrate from SQL Server to PostgreSQL: sqlserver2pgsql

You can use it to convert your SQL schema.
It can generate Pentaho Data Integrator (Kettle) job to migrate all the data.

Unfortunately , it does not migrate procedures and functions. Transact-SQL is very different from PostgreSQL's many PL languages. These would need a manual migration.

Hope this tool can be of any help!

Cordialement,

Thibaut

--