Re: Postgres, Perl, and Large Objects

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres, Perl, and Large Objects
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
S Vahey <savahey@yahoo.com> writes:
> You must have Postgres superupser privilege to use server-side
> lo_import().  Anyone can use the client-side lo_import provided by
> libpq.

That means exactly what it says: you can't use the lo_import (or
lo_export) SQL functions unless you are superuser.  This is a security
issue, not a transaction issue: those functions let you read or scribble
on any file that's accessible to the Postgres userid.

I don't know whether the DBI interface provides access to client-side
large-object functions; you might have to use the Pg "perl5" interface
library instead.  Or run your application connected as the database
superuser, but that seems like a risky way to fly.