Re: nOOB Question..

От János Löbb
Тема Re: nOOB Question..
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
In FoxPro I used to put the data presented on a form into two arrays.
One contained the "before modification" the other the "after
modification" data.  After hitting an <OK> button I could quickly check
if the user made any modification just by comparing the values in the
two array and update the values in the table accordingly by creating
the appropriate SQL statement dynamically on the fly.  It was much
quicker than messing with any temp tables or cursors alike.  When you
write data entry form applications speed is everything.  You do not
want to slow down the very fast data entry folks who type without
looking the keyboard and stop and see the form only if an audible
feedback alerts them for something wrong.
So that is one case when arrays are very useful.
János