Re: Identifying the nature of blocking I/O

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Identifying the nature of blocking I/O
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> writes:
> Peter Schuller wrote:
>> But in general, it would be very interesting to see, at any given
>> moment, what PostgreSQL backends are actually blocking on from the
>> perspective of PostgreSQL.

> The recent work on DTrace support for PostgreSQL will probably give you
> the easiest path to useful results. You'll probably need an OpenSolaris
> or (I think) FreeBSD host, though, rather than a Linux host.

<cant-resist>get a mac</cant-resist>

(Mind you, I don't think Apple sells any hardware that would be really
suitable for a big-ass database server.  But for development purposes,
OS X on a recent laptop is a pretty nice unix-at-the-core-plus-eye-candy
environment.)

Сообщение: Re: Identifying the nature of blocking I/O
Сообщение: Re: Identifying the nature of blocking I/O