Re: New CRC algorithm: Slicing by 8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: New CRC algorithm: Slicing by 8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
mark@mark.mielke.cc writes:
> The 5 year claim seems
> decades too short unless they are talking about a newer technology.

I think what Simon is on about is CRCs being routinely used on the cable
between the disk drive and the CPU.  When I was involved in this stuff
you usually only got a parity bit on each byte transferred.  CRCs for
all disk command/result messages would definitely help close a risk area
--- but that's only one risk of many.

Сообщение: Re: Release stamping (Was: [CORE] Schedule for release?)
Сообщение: Re: Release stamping (Was: [CORE] Schedule for release?)