Re: pg_migrator to /contrib in a later 9.0 beta

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_migrator to /contrib in a later 9.0 beta
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> To the extent that future bug fixes are relevant to multiple versions
>> of pg_migrator, we could just apply them to multiple branches, same as
>> we manage such fixes for the core code.  I don't see that trying to
>> have a single version of pg_migrator is going to make things easier
>> anywhere.

> That might be OK if by "multiple versions" we mean "multiple branches
> within the repository".  But I'm not so sure about having a version in
> the core repository and another version on pgfoundry, or something of
> that sort.

True.  If we push it into contrib as of 9.0, I think this won't be too
bad, because the pgfoundry version will only be covering 8.3->8.4.
Given all the limitations in that version, it's not going to be too
interesting and will probably die on the vine pretty quickly.  If we
hold off merging it till 9.1, though, the pgfoundry version probably
will be useful and in need of maintenance for a while to come.