Re: BUG #5753: Existing Functions No Longer Work

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5753: Existing Functions No Longer Work
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Vince Maxey" <vamax27@yahoo.com> writes:
> Recently I upgraded a personal application built a number of years ago,
> including java, eclipse, struts and postgresql and now face an issue with
> postgresql in that application functions no longer work, specfically as
> related to refcursors.  The original application was based on postgresql 8.4
> I believe.
> But when I try to call the function: select test_proc(2); I get a column
> header: test_proc refcursor and the value in this column is simply: <unnamed
> portal n>, where n seems to indicate how many times I have run a cursor from
> the SQL window.

The example you give acts exactly as I would expect, ie, it returns the
generated name of a cursor.  And it does so in every release back to at
least 8.0, not just 9.0.  So I think you've simplified your example to
the point that it no longer demonstrates whatever problem you're
actually having.