pg_config --sharedir points to the wrong folder.. is this a problem?

От Jennifer Trey
Тема pg_config --sharedir points to the wrong folder.. is this a problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

First I installed postgres using the apt-get utility on ubuntu, and then later uninstalled it to install postgres though the one-click installer.

Trying to find the share folder i ran pg_config and it shows the old path : /usr/share/postgresql/8.3

I have a pg_config under my new installation as well : /opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/pg_config
but apperantly this is not being used in the global scope.

Am I missing something? Did I un-install incorrectly perhaps? Is this a problem, could other files, pg_programs possibly have the same issue?

Sincerely / Jennifer