Re: [HACKERS] foreign key is from different tables - what to do?

От Cyril Samovskiy
Тема Re: [HACKERS] foreign key is from different tables - what to do?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
>> hi. i'm rookie in postgres, so here is my question:

OE> Therefore your question should have gone to pgsql-novice.  (Reply-To set
OE> there.)

oh, i'm sorry i didn't know that

>> i have foreign key consisting of 2 fields (a and b). a is foreign key from
>> table aaa, b is FK from table bbb. how to create table is that complex
>> foreign key consisiting of fields from different tables?
>> thank you

OE> You seem to have two foreign keys, not one.  I'm guessing that you
OE> actually have a multi-field primary key, each field of which is a
OE> foreign key to another table:

no my primary key is only one field, another one. actually i found how
to make multi-FK from different tables using ALTER TABLE stuff.
anyway thanks a lot for your support
and sorry again for disturbing you
bye

Best regards,