Re: [DOCS] remove shmmax example in Linux section

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [DOCS] remove shmmax example in Linux section
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On 7/21/17 06:18, gorka.gil@openbravo.com wrote:
>> In "Linux" section, show an example of setting shmmax to 16GB, when this
>> change is not needed from pg 9.3.
>>
>> Maybe just remove to avoid confusion?
>> Maybe also shmall also not needed ?

> It's still needed in some cases, so I don't see why we can't have an
> example.

I wonder whether it'd make sense to recast those examples as increasing
semaphore-related settings, as that's much more likely to be needed these
days.  I had to boost the SEMMNI setting on my workstation just last week.
(Admittedly, I had something like a dozen postmasters going, but still,
that was an actual change I had to make.)  It'd be particularly valuable
to document this for Linux, with its opaque "kernel.sem" API for the
semaphore limits.