Postgres 8.1.5, 64 bit server running on FC4

От surabhi.ahuja
Тема Postgres 8.1.5, 64 bit server running on FC4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

I had installed Postgres 8.1.5 , , 64 bit server running on FC4.
I had seen that the performance is much slower than the corresponding 32 bit one.

Why is it so? (i have donr explain analyse, before performing the tests, also the num of rows etc were similar)

Another thing that i want to mention here is that
I had taken the srpms for Postgres 8.1.5 for FC4
as the rpms were not avaibale online

I had to build the rpms fro them,
I had built the 64 bit as well as 32 it rpms for the same.
For building the 64 bit rpms i had used a 64 bit m/c.

thanks,
regards
Surabhi
This message has been scanned by the Trend Micro IGSA and found to be free of known security risks.