FW: postmaster going down own its on

От surabhi.ahuja
Тема FW: postmaster going down own its on
Дата
Список pgsql-general

hi,
i noticed the script, and at places it says

received fast shutdown request
<2006-04-10 10:25:05 IST%>LOG:  aborting any active transactions
<2006-04-10 10:25:05 IST%idle>FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command
<2006-04-10 10:25:06 IST%idle>FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command

when does this happen?

onr more thing in have noticed is that if i do a normal shutdown of postmaster by doing
pg_ctl stop -D /export/home1/sdc_image_pool/dbx/ -s -m fast

nothing gets logged.
why isnt the shutting down of postmaster in the above way getting logged?

thanks,
regards
Surabhi

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org on behalf of surabhi.ahuja
Sent: Sat 4/8/2006 8:02 PM
To: Tom Lane; Douglas McNaught
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout; Richard Huxton; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] postmaster going down own its on

***********************
Your mail has been scanned by InterScan VirusWall.
***********-***********

the scenario in which the above took place was somewhat like this
we have a script to stop some of the processes running in the background.

this script was run, and all the processes got stopped

then another script will start these processes one after the other in background
that script was run, and postmaster also got started.

and then all of a sudden, it went down.

thanks for the suggestions, i ll also look into the log essages and look for
"received fast shutdown" message.

but in case the postmaster received a fast shutdown signal, when the above mentioned script (to stop all processes in background).

but again the script to start the processes including postmaster was run

and at that time, postmaster did start, then how come it suddently went down.

will provide u with more info on the same,

thanks,
regards
surabhi