Re: 7.4 compatibility question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 7.4 compatibility question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au> writes:
>>> Ah, of course - but what about 'yesterday' and 'tomorrow' - these should
>>> also be mentioned in the release notes.
>>
>> Good point ... not that I think anyone is actually using such a default
>> in the field, but the behavior did change ...

> It would be pretty strange to use those as a default --- I am not
> inclined to mention it in the release notes --- we don't mention every
> change, only significant ones.

A moment's further thought reveals 'today' as another potentially broken
default value, which seems more likely to be used in practice than
'yesterday' or 'tomorrow'.  I'm too beat to go digging for other legal
inputs, but there may be some...

Сообщение: Re: 7.4 compatibility question
Сообщение: Re: 7.4 compatibility question