Re: [GENERAL] Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration.

От Chris Mair
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> C:\ora2pg>ora2pg -c ora2pg.conf
> [========================>] 2/2 tables (100.0%) end of scanning.
> [>                        ] 0/2 tables (0.0%) end of scanning.
> [========================>] 2/2 tables (100.0%) end of table export.

Looks good so far.
This means you could connect to Oracle DB now.

> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  relation "mytab" does not exist

This is coming from the Postgres side.

In ora2pg.conf go to the section

OUTPUT SECTION (Control output to file or PostgreSQL database)

I suggest you comment out (prefix with #) the part

#PG_DSN         dbi:Pg:dbname=test_db;host=localhost;port=5432
#PG_USER        test
#PG_PWD         test

and just have ora2pg write its ouput to a file by setting OUTPUT like this:

OUTPUT          output.sql

This way you have your oputput for Postgres in a file that you can check out
and try importing step by step. I guess you are running this on some test
data, so the file will be small enough to open it with an editor.
You cap paste piece by piece into a Postgres prompt (psql or pgadmin or whatever
you're using).

You can then see at what point you get an error (and hopefully understand
what's happening).

Bye,
Chris.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration.
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Oracle to PostgreSQL Migration.