Re: port conflicts when running tests concurrently on windows.

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: port conflicts when running tests concurrently on windows.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/8/21 20:03, Andres Freund wrote:

> I wonder if we need a host2unix() helper accompanying perl2host()? Seems nicer
> than sprinkling s!\\!/!g if $PostgreSQL::Test::Utils::windows_os in a growing
> number of places...

Probably a good idea. I would call it canonical_path or something like
that. / works quite happily as a path separator in almost all contexts
on Windows - there are a handful of command line programs that choke on
it - but sometimes you need to quote the path. WHen I recently provided
for cross version upgrade testing on MSVC builds I just quoted
everything. On Unix/Msys the shell just removes the quotes.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan