Re: Warning in geqo_main.c from clang 13

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Warning in geqo_main.c from clang 13
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Clang 13 on my machine and peripatus (but not Apple clang 13 on eg
> sifika, I'm still confused about Apple's versioning but I think that's
> really llvm 12-based) warns:
> geqo_main.c:86:8: warning: variable 'edge_failures' set but not used
> [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
>         int                     edge_failures = 0;

Yeah, I noticed that a week or two ago, but didn't see a simple fix.

> Here's one way to silence it.

I'm kind of inclined to just drop the edge_failures recording/logging
altogether, rather than make that rats-nest of #ifdefs even worse.
It's not like anyone has cared about that number in the last decade
or two.