Re: pg_attribute.attnum - wrong column ordinal?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_attribute.attnum - wrong column ordinal?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Should we recast the attributes and columns views in information_schema?
> I notice they still use attnum.

I'd vote against it, at least until we have something better than a
row_number solution.  That would create another huge performance penalty
on views that are already ungodly slow.

When and if we get around to separating physical from logical column
position, the issue might go away "for free".