Re: I: About "Our CLUSTER implementation is pessimal" patch

От Leonardo Francalanci
Тема Re: I: About "Our CLUSTER implementation is pessimal" patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I think writetup_rawheap() and readtup_rawheap() are a little  complex,
> but should work as long as there are no padding between t_len and  t_self
> in HeapTupleData struct.
>
> - It might be cleaner if you write the  total item length
>   and tuple data separately.
> - "(char *) tuple +  sizeof(tuplen)" might be more robust
>   than  "&tuple->t_self".

- I used your functions
- changed the docs for CLUSTER (I don't know if they make sense/are enough)
- added a minor comment

2 questions:

1) about the "copy&paste from FormIndexDatum" comment: how can I improve it?
The idea is that we could have a faster call, but it would mean copying and
pasting a lot of code from FormIndexDatum.

2) what other areas can I comment more?

Вложения