Re: pgsql: Revive line type

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Revive line type
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Should this be listed in the 9.4 release notes?  We didn't have _any_
> line type before unless you -D/enabled it?  Our release notes say:

>         Fully-implement the <link
>         linkend="datatype-line"><type>line</></link> data type (Peter
>         Eisentraut)

> Is this text misleading?

The type existed in the catalogs, but if you tried to do anything with it
you got

regression=# select 'foo'::line;
ERROR:  type "line" not yet implemented
LINE 1: select 'foo'::line;
               ^

... unless, that is, you'd built with -DENABLE_LINE_TYPE.  Which is
an option I don't think was ever documented.  So I'm not sure whether
we need to cover this in the release notes or not.  It seems fairly
unlikely that anybody was doing that, so it's *probably* a waste of
release note space, but ...