Re: Are there any performance penalty for opposite edian platform combinations....

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Are there any performance penalty for opposite edian platform combinations....
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Guoping Zhang" <guoping.zhang@nec.com.au> writes:
> In fact, it is a general question that "Is it a good practice we shall avoid
> to run application server and database server on the platform with opposite
> edian? or it simply doesn't matter"?

Our network protocol uses big-endian consistently, so there will be some
tiny hit for little-endian machines, independently of what's on the
other end of the wire.  I can't imagine you could measure the difference
though.