Re: PostgresParty Bali is Postponed

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: PostgresParty Bali is Postponed
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hi Lucky,

> On Jan 7, 2018, at 10:23 AM, Lucky Haryadi <lucky@equnix.asia> wrote:
>
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> We would like to give you an update about PostgresParty which was scheduled on March 2018.
> In accordance to our first commitee meeting yesterday, we have decided to postpone the event until next year, based
onseveral reasons below:

> 1. The meeting was attended by 12 person, with the only attendee outside Equnix is only by the Event Organizer.
>
> <WhatsApp Image 2018-01-07 at 15.56.00.jpeg><WhatsApp Image 2018-01-07 at 15.55.58.jpeg><WhatsApp Image 2018-01-06 at
10.42.11.jpeg>

> 2. This first meeting has not reached minimal quorum of committee, as regulated on PostgreSQL Community Recognition
Guidelineswhere the committee should not have more than 50% members of same entity/company.

> 3. We have not comply code of conduct yet, according to point 2, since all official committee members are still from
1company/entity only.

> 4. Equnix (as the committee initiator and anchor) does not want the event execution to be unbalanced, which can bring
assumptionsthat this is not a community event anymore.

> 5. Considering the Speakers Candidate's schedule and willingness which still unmatched with the Event's planned time.
>
> 6. From all Main Speakers list which have been invited and planned, most of them cannot participate on this event and
somestill unsure about their attendance.

> 7. Up until now, the only speakers who have stated their participation are Michael Pacquire and Joseph Conway, while
BruceMomjian, Tatsuo Isshi, Robert Haas, Oleg Bartunov , and many others cannot join the event.

> 8. We realize that our Indonesian PostgreSQL Community is still immature and driven by Equnix only.
> Based on this point, Equnix will put more effort on building the Indonesian community first, through Meetups or any
othercommunity events.

> 9. By holding more frequent Meetups, we hope people can be encouraged to grow community awareness and supportive on
allof our events.
> As a PostgreSQL implementer, researcher, energizer, we hope all of us can grow our community together and stronger.

Thank you for your very detailed email. I have removed the event from the website.
When you have more details around the event for next year, please feel free
to resubmit.

Best,

Jonathan

От: Lucky Haryadi
Сообщение: PostgresParty Bali is Postponed
От: gabriel morin
Сообщение: Re: @postgresql is now live