RE: ODBC Driver Update...

От Dave Page
Тема RE: ODBC Driver Update...
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

Likewise I can also help with testing using VB/ADO. A couple of suggestions
(not that there is any shortage of them I expect!):

1) The int8 type currently returns SQL_BIGINT as per the ODBC 3 spec rather
than SQL_CHAR as per the ODBC 2 spec (see patch below). This prevents the
use of int8's with ADO.

2) An installation using the Microsoft Installer may be useful to many
people as it can easily be automated across a network and is supposed to be
safer than older installation methods. I can probably help with this if
required (I have the Visual Studio Installer and could possibly buy an MSI
aware Installshield if necessary).

I'm sure I speak for all ODBC users when I say thanks for taking the lead on
the driver development!

Regards, Dave.

*** pgtypes.c.orig      Fri Dec 22 09:12:22 2000
--- pgtypes.c   Fri Dec 22 09:12:22 2000
*** 217,223 ****       case PG_TYPE_XID:       case PG_TYPE_INT4:          return SQL_INTEGER;

!       case PG_TYPE_INT8:                      return SQL_BIGINT;       case PG_TYPE_NUMERIC:           return
SQL_NUMERIC;
       case PG_TYPE_FLOAT4:        return SQL_REAL;
--- 217,223 ----       case PG_TYPE_XID:       case PG_TYPE_INT4:          return SQL_INTEGER;

!       case PG_TYPE_INT8:                      return SQL_CHAR;       case PG_TYPE_NUMERIC:           return