RE: [INTERFACES] still cannot connect with pgAdmin

От Dave Page
Тема RE: [INTERFACES] still cannot connect with pgAdmin
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

Because pgAdmin extracts all it's info about the connected database from the
pg_* tables rather than relying on M$ ADO or DAO, it needs to know that the
connected database is

a) PostgreSQL
b) the correct version (therefore the system tables will be of the expected
format).

During the logon process this is checked by executing:

SELECT version()

To work correctly, the major and minor version numbers of the database
should be the same as pgAdmin's (eg. 6.5.x PostgreSQL will work with 6.5.x
pgAdmin). In the case of pgAdmin 6.5.x, it is looking at the first 14
characters returned by the SELECT which are expected to be:

PostgreSQL 6.5

If they are not, then you get the error you've experienced.

To get to the point... please execute SELECT version(); in the psql monitor
and let me know exactly what is returned.

Regards,
Dave.
--
Network & Systems Manager, The Vale Housing Association.
http://www.vale-housing.co.uk (Work)