Re: pgsql: Add transforms feature

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Add transforms feature
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> On 05/03/2015 06:27 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Well, it sort of works.  Looks like the hstore_plpython test is expecting
>> some library function that Python 2.3 doesn't have.

> I don't know if we have a standard for supported Python versions, but
> Python 2.3.0 was released in 2003, and the last release in the series,
> 2.3.7 was released in March 2008. Is that really what ships on a modern OSX?

No, of course not; prairiedog is a very very trailing-edge box.
However, we explicitly claim support for Python >= 2.3 in the docs (see
installation.sgml), which is why prairiedog has that version and not
some other one.  If we're going to move the goalposts on the minimum
supported version, it should be for a better reason than "I was too
lazy to craft a regression test using sufficiently backwards-compatible
library functions".

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add transforms feature
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add transforms feature