Is the primary key constraint also an index?

От Tim Uckun
Тема Is the primary key constraint also an index?
Дата
Re: Is the primary key constraint also an index?  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Re: Is the primary key constraint also an index?  (Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>)
Список pgsql-general
If I have a primary key constraint defined in the database do I also
need to create an index on that field for fast lookup?

The documentation on the web seems to imply that the contraint is not
an index. Is that right?

What the difference between creating a unique, not null index and
setting a primary key?

Thanks.