Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded

От Wolfgang Walther
Тема Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Christophe Pettus:
> Given the musl (still?) does not define a preprocessor macro specific to it, is there a way of improving the test in
pg_status.cto catch this case?  It seems wrong that the current test passes a case that doesn't actually work.

The missing macro is on purpose and unlikely to change:
https://openwall.com/lists/musl/2013/03/29/13

I also found this thread, which discusses exactly our case:
https://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2022/08/17/1

Some quotes from that thread:

> I understand that what Postgres et al are doing is a nasty hack.

And:

> Applications that *really* want setproctitle type functionality can
> presumably do something like re-exec themselves with a suitably large
> argv[0] to give them safe space to overwrite with their preferred
> message, rather than UB trying to relocate the environment (and auxv?
> how? they can't tell libc they moved it) to some other location.

Could that be a more portable way of doing this?

Best,

Wolfgang

От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded
От: Christophe Pettus
Сообщение: Re: Regression tests fail with musl libc because libpq.so can't be loaded