Re: Design database schemas around a common subset of objects

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Design database schemas around a common subset of objects
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/6/21 17:02, Erik Wienhold wrote:
> I'm brainstorming ideas on how to design database schemas that share a
> common subset of objects and stumbled on some issues.  Maybe someone has
> experience with such a design.  Any ideas are welcome!
>

> Because of this issue I'm hesitant going with an extension for this use
> case, especially once we have versions with backward-incompatible changes.
> Instead I'm thinking about something similar to the update scripts we use
> for extensions but checking them into version control for each customer
> project.

My questions for this are:

1) How stable are the core objects?

2) How divergent are the customer specific requirements?

3) Given 1) and 2) would it be possible to craft extensions that where
not customer specific?

4) Are you using or have you looked at Sqitch(https://sqitch.org/)?

--
Adrian Klaver