Re: Issues with patitionning and triggers

От Samuel Gilbert
Тема Re: Issues with patitionning and triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> "The modification date must be updated if any row is modified in any way."
>
> If that is the case shouldn't the trigger also cover UPDATE?

You completely right about that!  I actually have both configured, but I
focused only on the INSERT to try keep the length of my post as short as
possible.

As Tom Lane pointed out, it's hard to get help without a complete self-
contained example.  I will work on writing that up tomorrow.

Cheers!

On 2014-02-18 15:02:41 Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 02/18/2014 02:42 PM, Samuel Gilbert wrote:

> >> Constraints are checked before triggers are run.

> > I don't think that is the case since I currently have the BEFORE INSERT
> > trigger working on the non-partitioned version of the table.
>
> Sorry for steering you wrong. I could have sworn I saw the behavior I
> mentioned, previously, when trying to do what you have done.
>
> > The modificationdate field has a NOT NULL constraint.  Even if I
> > explicitly
> > provide a NULL for the modificationdate column, a date gets written in the
> > table.  This leads me to believe that the BEFORE INSERT trigger is really
> > executed before the constraint is checked.
> >
> > What I don't understand is why the trigger doesn't appear to be executed
> > when it's defined on a child table.  I'll add a RAISE NOTICE to the
> > trigger function to makes sure it's not getting called.
>
> Still not sure what is going on, but I do have a question based on this
> statement from your original post:
>
> "The modification date must be updated if any row is modified in any way."
>
> If that is the case shouldn't the trigger also cover UPDATE?

Сообщение: Re: Issues with patitionning and triggers
Сообщение: Re: Issues with patitionning and triggers