Re: about allow_system_table_mods and SET STATISTICS

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: about allow_system_table_mods and SET STATISTICS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Good point.  Done in the attached patch.
> (If someone wanted to revive the original functionality, it would
> nowadays probably be easier to add a flag ATT_SYSTEM_TABLE to
> ATSimplePermissions(), so there is really no reason to keep the old
> function separate.)

Yeah --- that way, the behavior would also be conveniently available
to other ALTER TABLE subcommands.

This patch looks good, with one trivial nitpick: it looks a bit odd
to insert the relkind check into ATExecSetStatistics between the
assignment of "newtarget" and the validity check for same.  I'd
put it either before or after that whole stanza.  Just a cosmetic
thing though.