Re: UTF-8 and LIKE vs =

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: UTF-8 and LIKE vs =
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Aug 31, 2004, at 9:16 AM, David Wheeler wrote:

> As far as I know, collation is essentially how an index is ordered,
> correct? So that when I so an "ORDER BY" query, the order in which the
> rows are returned is determined by the collation. Is that correct?

Just a wee thing, and perhaps not the point of the post, but collation
is not important only for indexes. (Actually, I wouldn't be surprised
if some indexes are not necessarily ordered, but that may be my
inexperience talking.) You don't need an index on column foo to be able
to ORDER BY foo.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com