Re: [PERFORM] Suggestions for a HBA controller (6 x SSDs + madamRAID10)

От Wes Vaske (wvaske)
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Suggestions for a HBA controller (6 x SSDs + madamRAID10)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

> I'm curious what the entry point is for micron models are capacitor enabled...

The 5100 is the entry SATA drive with full power loss protection.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10886/micron-announces-5100-series-enterprise-sata-ssds-with-3d-tlc-nand

Fun Fact: 3D TLC can give better endurance than planar MLC. http://www.chipworks.com/about-chipworks/overview/blog/intelmicron-detail-their-3d-nand-iedm

My understanding (and I’m not a process or electrical engineer) is that the 3D cell size is significantly larger than what was being used for planar (Samsung’s 3D is reportedly a ~40nm class device vs our most recent planar which is 16nm). This results in many more electrons per cell which provides better endurance.

Wes Vaske