Re: [CFReview] Red-Black Tree

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [CFReview] Red-Black Tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Mark Cave-Ayland
> <mark.cave-ayland@siriusit.co.uk> wrote:
>> ... In terms of location, I think utils/misc is a reasonable
>> place for it to live since I see it as analogous to the hash table
>> implementation, i.e. it's a template RB-Tree implementation designed to
>> be used as required throughout the codebase. backend/access seems to be
>> the home of index AMs only.

> Not really.  access/common has things in it like reloptions.c and
> printtup.c, which are clearly not index AMs.

That may be, but it's not a place for random generic data structures,
at least not ones that might be useful outside access/.

> I suppose another option is to put it in lib.  The only things there
> right now are dllinfo.c and stringinfo.c, but in some ways generic
> in-memory red-black trees seem analagous to generic string buffers.

I could live with either lib or utils/misc/.

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Augment WAL records for btree delete with GetOldestXmin() to
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Augment WAL records for btree delete with GetOldestXmin() to