Re: join problem or maybe group :(

От Patrick FICHE
Тема Re: join problem or maybe group :(
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You syntax is not correct...
All columns in the select must be in an aggregate function or in the group
by clause.

You could try something like

select column1, column2 from table where column1 = ( select max( column1 )
from table )

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Ben-Nes Michael
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 6:35 PM
To: Stephan Szabo
Cc: postgres
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] join problem or maybe group :(

found a way, but im not sure its the optimum way

SELECT * from sections left join articles using (sec_id) where art_id =
(SELECT art_id from articles where sec_id = sections.sec_id order by
art_date DESC limit 1,0) order by sec_order;

Just wonder, how can i do:

select max(column1), column2 from table;

its saying:
ERROR:  Attribute table.column2 must be GROUPed or used in an aggregate
function

and all i want is that column2 value will be the mate fo column1 max?

like if
clumn1     column2
1                 a
2                 b