Re: Remove mention in docs that foreign keys on partitioned tables are not supported

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Remove mention in docs that foreign keys on partitioned tables are not supported
Дата
Re: Remove mention in docs that foreign keys on partitioned tablesare not supported  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 1:42 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Could we solve it by saying that triggers on partitioned tables aren't
>> allowed to change the partitioning values?  (Or at least, not allowed
>> to change them in a way that changes the target partition.)

> That seems like a somewhat-unfortunate restriction.

Perhaps, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around what the
semantics ought to be.  If a trigger on partition A changes the keys
so that the row shouldn't have gone into A at all, what then?  That
trigger should never have fired, eh?