AW: Back-out V10 upgrade but keep new data

От Sonnenberg-Carstens, Stefan
Тема AW: Back-out V10 upgrade but keep new data
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

Hi,

no, this won’t work.

The parameters passed to statements are missing there.

I thinks the easiest thing to do is pg_dump at the PG 10 regularly and feed it into PG 9 if it becomes necessary.

Perhaps you need to tweak a few statements, but that should be simple.

Provided that the database is not too big and you don’t require PITR or something.

Then I also would opt for something different, perhaps slony.

Cheers

P.S.: Why would that happen? If you are able to import the database dump without errors, and your application is

compatible (and all of what it required like jdbc, odbc, psycopg2 …) then why do you think something should

come up out of nothing? Perhaps you should invest in testing beforehand.

I did 4 upgrades in 2018 and never had to go back.