Re: Numeric datatype doesn't match those from older driver version ?

От Adam M
Тема Re: Numeric datatype doesn't match those from older driver version ?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Adam M <gnuman1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I did not know that! I've always *assumed* that ASCII version was for
>> ASCII databases only. ASCII generally means 7-bit encoding, not 8-bit
>> like UTF-8.
>
> ANSI, not ASCII in this case. And feel free to blame Microsoft for the
> convention :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANSI_art

I do blame Microsoft if they are calling UTF-8 ANSI? To me ANSI was
back in the 1980s with BBSs and extended ASCII codes. ANSI terminals
allowed scrolling around, etc..

Thanks for the clarification!

- Adam

Сообщение: Re: Numeric datatype doesn't match those from older driver version ?
Сообщение: Re: Numeric datatype doesn't match those from older driver version ?