Re: check (constraint) on point data type?

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: check (constraint) on point data type?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Jul 25, 2007, at 0:47 , Jill wrote:

> Thank you so much guys - quick, detailed, and to the point. In fact
> Michael understood right what I was trying to say (i.e., I need to
> accept values between 0 and 1 and reject anything else) - but Jim's
> suggestion is shorter (but Michael's is useful since now I know how
> to write a struc for another problem I have).

Glad it helped. Do note that using the <@ operator is inclusive,
i.e., (0,0) and (1,1) are included. The method using the
strict_during helper is exclusive, so (0,0) and (1,1) are rejected.
So the two constraints are slightly different. So make sure you use
the one which works for your situation :)

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net